The Baltimore Jewelry Center Residency Program
We are offering a one-month long residency for the fall/winter/spring of 2017/2018. The residency can occur anytime between October of 2017 to June 2018, dependent on the resident's schedule.
What does the resident artist get?
- Access to our fully equipped studio (which is open 56/hours a week)
- Housing in an apartment that is walking distance to the Baltimore Jewelry Center
- $500 stipend
- Mentorship and support provided by Baltimore Jewelry Center faculty
- The resident will share the results of his/her residency through a pop-up exhibition of work and an artist talk
What is required of the resident artist?
- Log a minimum of 20 hours of studio time each week
- Volunteer 5 hours time in the studio each week
- Have an goal setting session at the start of the residency
- Check in with an assigned mentor each week
- Be prepared to share work during an artist talk and pop-up exhibition
Applicants should have prior experience/education in metals and/or jewelry and be prepared to work in a self-directed capacity. The ideal candidate is eager to enhance or expand his/her studio practice, build or continue a body of work, and engage with our vibrant community of makers.
To apply, please share a folder labeled “LastName_FirstName.Summer Residency” on Dropbox with firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following documents in the folder:
- Letter of Intent: 1-2 pages including time period for when you would like the residency to occur (label as: LastName_FirstName.Statement)
- CV (label as: LastName_FirstName.CV
- 20 images of your jewelry and/or metalwork (jpgs only) (label each image as: LastName_FirstName.Title.jpg)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation: letters may arrive separately and should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to 10 E. North Ave., Suite 130, Baltimore, MD 21202
Applicants must submit a $30 application via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due by Saturday September 30, 2017 at midnight
Email us at email@example.com if you have questions