Proposal deadline: Rolling
Entry fee: $25
The Baltimore Jewelry Center is currently seeking exhibition proposals for the Baltimore Jewelry Center gallery calendar for 2018/2019. Proposals might include thematic exhibitions, exhibitions showcasing an artist or group of artists, or exhibitions that explore the gallery setting in an unexpected way. Priority will be given to proposals that demonstrate unique curatorial viewpoints, expose our audience to fresh and emerging makers and ideas, and present art jewelry and metalsmithing in a broader art context. Proposals should consider the size and dimensions of the gallery space. Click here to view the gallery floor plan.
Complete proposals will be reviewed and selected for exhibition by our Exhibitions Committee, which is headed by the Exhibitions Director and the Director of the Baltimore Jewelry Center.
Exhibition proposals that are selected will receive a curatorial stipend.
About the Baltimore Jewelry Center
The Baltimore Jewelry Center is a 501c3 educational nonprofit building a vibrant creative community for the study and practice of metalworking for new and established artists. We offer classes, workshops, and studio space rental to anyone with an interest in contemporary jewelry and metalsmithing. In addition to our education program, the Baltimore Jewelry Center helps metal and jewelry artists grow sustainable business practices by offering professional development, sales opportunities, and a promotional platform.
Our exhibitions program is a robust component of the Baltimore Jewelry Center and supplements the education we provide to our students and community. Through exhibitions that showcase national and international artists in the art jewelry and metals field we offer students an up close and personal view of the innovations and freshness happening in the field at large.
Please email images and completed entry forms to email@example.com with “2018 Exhibition Proposal” in the subject line.
- Exhibition proposal (1 – 2 pages outlining your proposed exhibition, including concept, display methods, space needs)
- Curatorial statement
- 8 – 10 images of recent or proposed work, including sketches, thumbnails, inspiration images (jpegs)
- Image list
- Entry fee paid through Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please send jpeg images only, minimum 72 dpi, no smaller than 8 inches on the longest side. You may include one detail image of each piece submitted.
- Please label each image with your last name, first name, and title. See example below:
Proposal deadline: Rolling
What does my entry fee support?
The Baltimore Jewelry Center is a 501c3 educational nonprofit with a small staff and budget. Entry fees cover:
- Administrative costs associated with the gallery
- Promotional/print materials
- Exhibition install and display materials
- Shipping and insurance
- Opening reception costs
Work may be for sale or for exhibition only, at the artist’s discretion.
Sales will be split 60/40 retail price between the artist and the Baltimore Jewelry Center.